Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nutella Fudge - OH MY!


Nutella Fudge.  Yep.  Nutella Fudge.  No kidding.
Okay, I admit that I don't always eat well.

Did I just say, "don't always".

Let's correct that.  Mama always said not to lie.

I almost always eat something really rotten for me at LEAST once a day.

So, when I saw a recipe on Pinterest (totally addicted to this site - but that's another blog post), for Nutella Fudge, I knew I had met a new love of my life.

And, oh baby, is it good!

Wait, I said I wouldn't lie.

It's abso-freak-your-face-de-lummy!

And even better.  It's so easy.  Five ingredients.  Top that.

So hats off to whomever originally came up with this idea.  It certainly wasn't me.  I'm a fan.

This is how easy it is:

Over a simmering pot of water, mix in a bowl:
-a jar of Nutella (the smaller one - about 1 cup)
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-8oz. good chocolate (at least 60% cacao)
-1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt it all together (don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl).
So easy a 14-year-old boy can do it.

Pour into a parchment lined 8 x 8 pan.  I don't have one of those, so I used two loaf pans.  Cool it, flip it onto a plate, peel off the parchment and sprinkle on the key ingredient -- sea salt.
Done.
I don't know, but I'm thinking you could use kosher if you needed, but I don't think table salt would be a smart choice.

That's it.  Simple.  Delicious.  It's chocolate, Nutella, vanilla, condensed milk and salt.  How do you mess that up?  Sweet.  Salty.  Yum.

It's so good, the kids have been eating it like it's completely calorie free.  Which it isn't.  I can already tell it's going to cost me more time in the gym.

Oh well.  It's worth it.




1 comment:

  1. Nice Post....Really liked the Freak your Face whatever whatever you said. That was funny. You are a nutella.

    ReplyDelete